AMAZING PLITVICE LAKES
- PRICE MAY / JUNE / SEPTEMBER / OCTOBER
- PRICE: 420,00 kn / 56 Eur
- PRICE FOR CHILDREN (6-12 YEARS): 210,00 kn / 28 Eur
- PRICE FOR JULY / AUGUST 490,00 KN / 66 Eur
- CHILDREN UNDER 6 YEARS: gratis
- Possibility of operating tour for larger groups on request.
- PRICE INCLUDES: transfer to Plitvice Lakes and back, guide, entrance ticket to Plitvice Lakes National Park, guided tour of Plitvice National Park, insurance, VAT
- PRICE EXCLUDES: : food and beverages
- DURATION: 8 – 9 hours
- OPERATES: Monday and Thursday
- NOTE: Recommended booking at least a day earlier
Situated in the Region of Lika, in the part of Croatia that is due to its exceptional natural beauties used to be called Devil`s Garden, Plitvice Lakes are truly a small piece of Heaven on Earth. Many times proclaimed as one of the most beautiful places in the world, 16 lakes and their waterfalls are among most visited and popular sights of Croatia. It is not just about the relaxing sound of water and stunning landscapes, Plitvice also provide you a cultural elevation giving you the chance to learn about life and traditions of the people living in the area. National Park is inhabited by many protected plant and animal species so all the visitors are kindly asked to respect the rules concerning the ecology, flora and fauna. Plitvice Lakes are also Croatian oldest National Park and only Croatian natural sight in the UNESCO`s World Heritage Register. Lakes are divided into the Upper and Lower Lakes. Their characteristic is water saturation with dissolved calcium carbonate that in combination with the force of water dispersion creates travertine.
Main attractions of Plitvice:
Upper Lakes – this group includes 12 of 16 Plitvice lakes separated of each other by the travertine barriers.
Kozjak Lake – is the largest and the deepest lake in Plitvice Lakes National Park. It belongs to the group of Upper Lakes. Nature played merging two smaller lakes into one and created Kozjak, the only navigable lake of Plitvice. On the lake stands a travertine Stephanie`s island that was named by the Austrian princess who visited the Park in distant 1888.
Lower Lakes – idyllic scenes of small waterfalls, turquoise water and surrounding greenery characterize this group of lakes. Nearby is situated the underground cave of Šupljara.
Great Waterfall – located within the group of Lower Lakes , with the height of 78 meters is the heighest waterfall in Croatia.